Posted by Kathy Dean-Bradley, CPA
The Delaware Division of Small Business announced that they have reopened their application portal on January 19, 2021 to small businesses and nonprofit organizations that have not already applied for this State of Delaware relief program. Below is a summary of details related to the reopening of the portal.
- Those businesses and nonprofits who have already applied but have not heard from the Division of Small Business, guidance given states that the application is either being processed or needs additional information. If this is the case, a notice from the Delaware Division of Small Business should be received.
- Recipients of DE Relief Grants need to have experienced a revenue decline in 2020 compared to 2019.
- If a grant was claimed, but a revenue decline was not experienced, organizations originally would be required to pay back the grant with interest. The Division of Small Business announced that the interest penalty will now be waived and only the grant money would need to be repaid prior to February 15, 2021. Repayments made after February 15, 2021 will be required to include an interest payment.
- If a grant was claimed, the grant money was used for eligible expenses, and the business or nonprofit organization experienced a decline in 2020 revenue compared to 2019, repayment of the grant is not required.
- Email your questions directly to DEReliefGrants@Delaware.gov OR
- Connect with a regional business manager at delbiz.com/contact
- The application portal can be found here: delbiz.com/relief
BLS will continue to send important updates as information becomes available. Please be sure to visit our COVID-19 Resource Center for past guidance updates and additional details. For additional information, contact your BLS Team Member directly or via our contact form.